Jobs at citysocializer
We are always looking for smart, passionate and motivated people who are willing and able to contribute quickly to all parts of citysocializer and who are excited by the idea of building a new kind of social discovery network. Interested? email@example.com
Wondering how you can contribute to your citysocializer community locally? Email firstname.lastname@example.org to join our fantastic team of hosts.
You are a talented programmer, with a computer science background or proof that you are a self-educated hacker well grounded in the core principles of software development and programming languages. You want to make a big impact, work on new and interesting technical ideas and challenges and be a significant player as part of a smaller team.
Skills & Requirements
Our Technology Stack:
- Ruby on Rails, REST API
- Redis, PostgreSQL
- TDD, BDD, Rspec, Jasmine, Konocha, PhantomJs
Agile, weekly sprints with planning meeting and retrospectives. Demos and feedback sessions. Weekly deploys to production, daily code reviews, "one click", continuous deployment to all environments including production.
Things we use: Heroku, Skype, hipchat, Github, PivotalTracker, CodeClimate and BrowserStack.
For senior roles we're looking for:
- 5+ years experience building products for fast growing web or mobile products
- Strong coding skills, including experience or interest in RoR
- Experience with Backbone.js
- Experience troubleshooting cross-browser compatibility issues
- Projects on github that we can look at is a bonus
We love what we do and it doesn't feel like work. If you're a nice, friendly person who is technically solid and have a passion for writing code and developing products, we think we'll get along.
Lead UX/UI Designer
We’re looking for a UX/UI Lead to be our champion of function and design across the mobile and web experience, channeling business requirements from Marketing to ensure citysocializer maintains compelling user flows, a logical site architecture and an all-round exciting, social, yet commercial, mobile and web experience.
You will be creative by nature and skilled in user experience design, interaction design and information architecture backed up by a portfolio that includes UX and UI experience on existing web and mobile apps that we can test drive.
Skills & Requirements
- Overall responsibility for the site architecture of products
- Ensuring a consistency of functionality throughout
User Flow, Page Design & Function
- Rapid prototyping, sketching, wire-framing and high level notes for all site and mobile pages
- Information architecture
- Site and funnel conversion rate. A/B Testing.
The Customer & Analytics
- Championing simplicity and representing the voice of the frustrated customer
- Usability testing, both internally and via 3rd parties
- Google Analytics etc.
- Being the UX thought-leader at citysocializer working with other senior team leaders including Tech and Marketing to drive the strategic vision of the project.
- Continually keeping the company up-to-date with current best practice in UI/UX design
- A minimum of 5 years experience working as a User Experience or User Interface Designer with experience across both web and mobile
- Exceptional understanding of user experience design for social web and mobile applications.
- A proven track record of delivering smart and measurable mobile app and web design improvements that have contributed to commercial performance and user satisfaction and demonstrate an excellent understanding of typography, color and layout.
- Strong competence in all relevant UI software
- Experience with content management systems, search engine optimization, and accessibility requirements
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (you should be the walking, talking embodiment of the awesome sites you've helped design)
- Enthusiasm, great energy and the ability to work quickly in a fast paced, dynamic environment with tight deadlines
- Start-up and eCommerce experience
- A knowledge of Agile methods of development
This is a great opportunity to be part of our pioneering progress in an exciting and emerging space along with the chance to work with a smart and passionate team.
Email email@example.com with examples of your work, link to your portfolio, Dribble or Behance profile.
About CitySocialising Ltd
citysocializer is a social discovery network to meet new people and explore your city. We're changing the way people socialize together offline and have been pioneering the online to offline social networking space since 2007. Social and people discovery are two of the hottest emerging trends in technology, and our experience is set to help establish ourselves as leaders.
VC-funded by PROfounders Capital and with the support of Michael Birch (Bebo founder) and Brent Hoberman (Lastminute.com founder)
we are looking for junior and senior engineers who are technically ambitious, smart and passionate about what they do with a desire and ability to make a difference.
Our passionate international team works hard and plays hard at our office in Old Street, around the corner from Google Campus, with backgrounds from some of the world's leading companies including Skype, Bebo, BBC and Yahoo.